Wednesday 25 February 2009

Hello and welcome to the first post on my brand new blog. What do people generally talk about on their first blog? I've no idea. I just hope this will be a positive experience for me by giving me further encouragement to get out and take more pictures.

I generally take interiors and some portraits for editorial purposes and while I enjoy that and want to constantly improve, I'd also like to branch out into more 'lifestyle' and possibly fashion work.

I'm hoping that this blog will be a place where I can follow my own progress and lay out any thoughts I have on the way. Perhaps someone else will find it useful in some way but even if I'm talking to myself I think it'll still be worth it :)

I'll be doing something I've been thinking about for a while. I'll be posting up some of my earlier pictures and comparing them with more recent stuff. I'm a big fan of David Hobby's 'Strobist' site from which I've learned loads about lighting for portrait and that one site has improved my pictures no end.

I also still love landscape photography but having a wee boy of 3 and a half doesn't leave me as much time to get out and do it so hopefully I'll use this blog as an incentive to get out and make a little time to take some new pics.

So I thought I'd post an older picture just now that I'm actually fairly happy with. It's of the Forth Bridges taken a few years ago as a test for my then new Sigma 10-20 lens.

Cheers
Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment