Wednesday 10 June 2009

Couldn’t resist it!

_DSC9307

Had to take a snap of the cake I made with my mum and my son for his 4th birthday today!  Came out really well with mum’s improvised butter icing for the filling :)

Had too much direct reflection from the window behind and left of the cake but I still like this.  Couple more below.  Really going to try making some things soon specifically for practicing food shots at home.

_DSC9345

And this last one has far too much direct reflection on the glossy icing.  It’s that glossy because it hasn’t set yet.  If this was in a studio or a commercial shoot I’d want some direct reflection to show the glossy quality of the icing but not as much as this.  Perhaps have a small strip softbox right behind the cake.

_DSC9329

Also, I wouldn’t have used such an old wire tray :)
Larger versions here if anyone’s interested.

Cheers
Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment